Friday, April 01, 2005

Not there yet

Hi! This is the continuation of the blog I used to have called The Little Gaijin in the Big City when I was a study abroad student at Sophia University in Tokyo.

Ah, those were the days, rambling around the streets of Japan without a care in the world... except for, you know, not speaking the language or knowing where the heck I was or being squished by hundreds of sleepy salarymen on the train... but I digress. This time it will be MUCH different. Because THIS time, I'm actually *moving* there! This time, I don't know when I will be coming back to America. Wow, that's weird. Weeeeeeiiiird.
You know what else is weird? I have a fiancee! And my name is gonna, officially, be Kyra Shinkai! Weeeeeiiiiiiiiirrrrddddd!!! Haha, ok, that's not that weird. Takeshi (mr fiancee) and I have decided we won't take any more of this long distance relationship nonsense and will finally pick a country and live in it, happily ever after, about two years ago. So, even though his english is much better than my Japanese, his major was Japanese Law, which is not very marketable in the US, I'm afraid, and my major was Computer Science. That computer B.S. is needed everywhere! ^_~ Also I must confess I'm pretty partial to Japan, even though I do look different from the locals, luckily I am small and have dark hair, and can blend into a japanese crowd like a ninja. *tries to convince herself of this*
Anyways, the main important facts you should get out of this blog is:

  • I'm Kyra. (nice to meet you!) um. I mean, Kyra Weaver, soon to be Kyra Shinkai, by an odd twist of fate. If I ever say 'my husband' I shudder. I have a boyfriend! Husbands are for OLD people!! Not me!!! (oops, too many exclamation marks there).
  • I'm moving to Japan in the end of May, and I need a job. Eep. But at least I'll be living with Takeshi, who gets a very nice apartment paid for by his company. Niiiice.
  • Everyone should read my web-comic, the url is http://gemini.keenspace.com. Go go go~! ^_^
  • If you're feeling lonely, email me at kyraweaver@hotmail.com . Even if my name will change, that will be my email address for the end of time. Or, at least until hotmail kicks me off.
And here comes the signature sign - off:
Jya Ne!

3 Comments:

Blogger Peetie said...

Congrats on your engagement! Don't worry too much about the name change. I think the secret lies in becoming (in)famous enough that you only go by your first name. You're the only Kyra I know personally, so it seems feasible to me. Maybe you should try googling your name first, to see just how popular it is.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Well, thank you!
Yes, I'll be the next Cher! I can see it now.. the glamour..
wait, does that mean I have to wear makeup? Like the peet, I am also afraid of the stuff. It's too perfect and the ladies in the department stores seem to have an aura of 'hard sell' not unlike a brokerage company. *shudder*.
Fortunately, it takes awhile to get to me through my first name alone on google, Ms Sedgwick seems to have beaten me to the punch. ^_^

5:38 AM  
Blogger Kyra said...

oh, sorry.. I'll allow anonymous comments...

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home