Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Huntington Beach: the city of sin!

Hello dear readers! I trust this finds you well.
I went to huntington beach this weekend to visit friends, but mostly to see SIN CITY!! Woo, I loved this movie! It was very stylized and cool, and looked as much like a black and white comic book as a movie possibly could. Very high contrast, and a lot of stylized violence. Some people hated it and walked out of the theater. But hey, *I* liked it. But as a black/white comic author, perhaps I'm biased. Look out for the Gemini movie in the future, folks! ^_~
I just got my confirmation for E3, I finally get to go this year because I'm "in the industry"! ..oh, E3 is a video game showcase- industry run convention that's not open to the public. But then, supposedly, neither is Costco, and everyone seems to have a friend or an aunt with a membership. Well, I was the aunt-less E3 outcast last year, where EVERYONE I knew went but me. *sniff*. Anyways, I will be going this year, and for those who won't be, I'll be sure tell you all about it! It'll be the last week I'm here in LA. I would like to dispell the rumours that I have extended my stay in the US specifically for this convention, it was just a happy coincidence that Ayumi's wedding (May 28th in Tokyo) is after E3. (the jury is still out whether I bribed her to postpone her wedding ^_~).
Speaking of weddings, a few of you were wondering about mine and Takeshi's. When is it, you ask? Where will it be, and am I invited? Hahaha, you ask me as if I know! Well, my dear friend, I hate to tell you this, but the actual wedding ceremony won't be for some time yet. We have to save up for it, because weddings are f*!@%#... er, not cheap. ^^ Should it me in the US for my friends and family? Should it be in Japan for his friends and family? Ugh, what a headache. Maybe it will be in Hawaii, a happy compromise because it's equally inconvenient for everyone. You decide and let me know! ^^

alright, enough blogging for one day. Except for this link: http://members.cox.net/sciatica/images/sizematters.jpg hee hee.

Oh you guys with blogs/ live journals/ whatever, please send me your url and I'll put a link to you on my site!
Peace out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hawaii. Definitely. Mahalo....

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kyra...it's Julia, the jolly gold giant. Anyway, I do have a blog that I need to post in more often at www.livejournal.com Look for me under mahkara Basically all of my entries are public, but if you want to read the very few that aren't (not really worth reading anyway as I tend to be randomly ranting) feel free to get an account and I'll add you to my "best of all friends" list.

Anyhow, we still need to get together before you leave. When is a good time for you?

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home