Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring is here, Ahh-sa-pa-riiing is here~!

Yay its warm outside! Cherry blossoms are blooming, birds are chirping, and I think it's time to poison some pigeons in the park. *^_~* Er, sorry. I mean, time to take millions of pictures! THat seems to be the thing to do, everyone else is doing it here. At sengawa station, there are some big lights set up under a cherry tree to make it glow brilliantly even at night.

There are little old ladies lining up to take pictures of the cherry trees along the creek banks, and families take pictures during their annual "hanami": sitting outside under cherry trees for a nice picnic. Of course, cherry blossoms look the same year after year, makes me wonder what people do with their stacks of identical cherry blossom albums. ^^ Anyways, I went to my company's hanami in the Shinjuku Gyoen park and took pictures with my shiny new camera. They're up on flicker so you can see my coworkers (if you really want)http://www.flickr.com/photos/kyranoshashin/. Beware, they're a little silly. ^^

Final Fantasy Fever

Final Fantasy XII is out! Its being sold everywhere, even 7-11s. That game is 80 bucks!! I mean, I7m a big fan but that's soo expensive! I guess Square and FF have such a great reputation they can charge that much without worrying too much, it's an inflexible commodity, right up there with cigarettes and gasoline. Anyways, this much popularity means one thing and one thing alone: Merchandise Tie-Ins!!!! obviously. So there are now little tonic bottles calling themselves "potions" you can buy. They're just so cute. Here's a picture of the 'premium box' they had (also at 7-11):
COntest time! Whoever sends me an email first with one of the main characters of Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, and 10 will get the bottle in the mail! hee hee. Second place will get a non-premium edition bottle (still cute though ^^). kyraweaver at hotmail dot com!

Viet and Robin came and visited me last week! It was so fun. We went to the fish market and had some really fresh sushi, good times. Come visit, peeps!

Ok that's all for now.
Kyra

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Tom Lehrer!

That must be a musician who it is hard to find fans of in Japan.

Anyway, I think that I may have found a solution to my "want to stay in Hawaii for more than two days, but do not want to blow all of my grad school money" problem...

Hostels! Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone else is considering such a thing, and I want to confirm that you don't have strong feelings about us all staying in the same hotel. But otherwise, I will be merrily staying in a hostel in Waikiki.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ops, that was from Julia...

7:40 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

wow, someone got the nerdy reference that's not my parents!!
This confirms my suspicions ... my friends are all nerds.
Oh wait... I already knew that *~_~*
Yeah, another guest is planning to stay in a hostel! I should put up some links and phone numbers on the wedding blog, huh? good idea.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had so much fun!
I'll stay out of this latest contest because I poisoned it while I had it in my grasp.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Links would be good, because we could then all stay at the same place. Oh yeah...

Julia

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home