Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A December to Remember

No, sorry, not that memorable, actually. I just can't think of a title.
"No more rhyming, and I mean it!" "Anybody want a peanut?" (arrghh horrible ^^)

If you want to see those with actual grace and prose with rhyming and so forth, you might want to check out the Poetry Archive. You can download videos of famous poets reading their works, which can add meaning and life to your favorite poetry. That, and you can visit my grandmother's site: Jane Blue which I am plugging because
1. She's a professional poet, and
2. I made the site.

Anyways, it's that special time of year. That's right, it's the time of the year we try to avoid department stores as much as possible to keep the annoying holiday jingles out of our heads. I actually like christmas carols, provided they are classical sounding and are played within 2 weeks of christmas. Unfortunately, I heard a "Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer Cha-cha-cha" today when I was eating lunch, and I nearly had to use the emergency fire escape.

Hm, haven't posted any pictures in awhile! I have a bunch saved up for ya.

Office building lights lit up in a christmas tree pattern! An alternate theory is the people in those exactly those seats simply happened to be working overtime ^_~ I think PETA would have a cow...
Last month we went to Nagano for one last time before it becomes unbearably cold. (At least, until ski season ^^) The scenery was gorgeous. I lived in LA too long.. colorful leaves were like a whole new world! ^^ Here's a waterfall we saw (Takeshi is fishing below ^^) We also went mushroom hunting. We only knew of three types that were safe, and here's one of them. Doesn't it look tasty?
Found this at a smoothie stand near where I normally have lunch. It's the best engrish I've seen in awhile. Transcript: "Refresh touching all the way!" ^_~ I never put this up, did I? I actually found a kabocha! It's a japanese pumpkin, dark green in color. I carved it and lit it up for halloween. Boy were the neighbors impressed!
This year I'm sending out new years cards, as is the Japanese tradition. If you would like one and you haven't sent me your address recently(for wedding invitations ^^), please email me at kyraweaver(at)hotmail(dot)com because...

We wish you a merry christmas, and a happy new year!
(Cha-cha-cha!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kyra said...

I still can't believe I took those pictures with my phone.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Poetry Archive seems to be British poets. A very good comprehensive site is http://www.poets.org/

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyra!

I've got a picture of you standing in front of that "Refresh touching all the way" sign from waaay back!!!! (2002, I think)...

Crazy!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Haha, I thought of you when I took that picture, actually ^_^

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home