Thursday, September 15, 2005

natsu no owari

Aww, summer's over. I would be sad except that that means it's no longer 35 degrees celcius (for those of you that don't know the conversion, that's approximately 100 billion degrees Farenheit) outside.

I got the new Final Fantasy 7 movie today! It was released directly to DVD, I guess Square was afraid of the flop that the last CG movie they did had. Too bad, because it would look really great on the big screen. I love it, there's so much attention to detail and every scene looks great. I just wish they made the characters a little less... invincible. It's hard to get emotionally involved with a character that never gets hurt. Most of the fun of the movie is all of the inside jokes if you've played the game. Like the 'battle end fanfare' ringtone and the sign that points to a 'chocobo farm' on the side of the road. Cute!! Also I am proud to announce that Sephiroth's lips are no longer purple. Thank goodness. Anyways, please don't download it (grr) or if you do, be sure to buy it when it's commercially available. I really want Square to make money off it so they make more movies like this.

Ah, it's another lazy day, so here are some more pictures instead of a story ^_^

I came across this in a mall. The sad part is they spelled his name 'Crapton' in handwriting right under the correct spelling. If this weren't such a common mistake, I'd think they were trying to tell us something... Another classic case of l/r confusion ^^
I met sonic the hedgehog in person! He was just standing around in Ikebukuro. I guess he lives there.Just when I thought *I* had it bad with the garbage sorting, I find out it could be WORSE! Takeshi's grandma lives in a city where they require you to write your NAME on your garbage. That's just... wow.
I told you most people sleep on futons here. Well, I was at the furniture store and saw they did sell beds! .. wait a second. That's just.. an elevated tatami mat! Let me guess, for you to put a futon on. .. not quuiiite the same thing as a mattress, I'm afraid... I was at a pet store, and there was a huge turtle, walking around, unsupervised. Aparently they let him out for a walk every day right before closing. can you imagine taking him for a walk around your neighborhood? ... it would be a very slow walk. ^_^

See ya later!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kyra said...

Hey guys, are the pictures showing up? I can see them from my computer, but I heard from someone who can't see them. Anyone?

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see the pictures fine. But ever since I've got my new computer I can't see your bio pic, which I like so much, maybe because I took it.

G.B.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Catherine Weaver said...

They're there now. Very entertaining

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Advent Children came out last year in Japan, but just came out on DVD. I mean, I knew about it last fall...

Anyway, the pictures are amusing. ^.^

8:53 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Take it from me, I know a guy who works at Square Enix. It was never released in the theaters. They've been working on it since 2003, so it generated a lot of interest, though!

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, ok.

Oh, dude, you should see Zack's new costume! He's made the Kenshin outfit, along with the sword. It looks so cool! (I got to cut the wig to look more like Kenshin's hair, although when I first saw it on him I couldn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes. ^.^;;)

2:34 PM  
Blogger Peetie said...

Wow, I love that turtle, just walking around like it's going shopping in the store in which it lives. I imagine it strolling around, talking slowly in a low, singsong voice, "I need more... turtle food... Oops, I forgot my wallet... Heading home again... Unnnnnh..."

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home