Friday, July 01, 2005

Married! ...but still a Weaver ^_^

*dah-DUM-DA-DUM, dah-DUM-DA-DUM!*
That, in case you couldn't tell, was "here comes the bride". Finally we managed to jump over, through and out of the red tape of paperwork (I had to go to the embassy, get some witnesses to sign our papers, get my foreigner registration card and all sorts of nonsense), but we're finally married!! (WEIRRRRD!!) ^_^ haha.
But after all of that, my name is still officially Kyra Weaver. I was kinda looking forward to being a Shinkai, but the city office said they don't have the authority to change a foreigner's name. Only when I become a citizen can THEY change my name. ...However, when the wedding ceremony occurs in Hawaii in a year or so, (DONT WORRY I'LL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED! jeez ^^) it will technically occur in the states, so will my name change THEN? and THEN what? hm, I'm not sure. Oh well. I like Weaver, I'm used to it. I just have to change my name back on my resume.

Here's a picture of Takeshi stamping the last paper with his seal.

In other news, I painted a lovely picture of a Subaru Impreza today:
(here's a preview):
here's the link to the big one and some more car paintings I did: CARS!

Latah!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - well Kyra Shinkai-ugly just doesn't have the same ring to it!

Keep me posted keep me posted keep me posted keep me posted keep me posted...

3:25 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Thanks Viet, you always know just what to say ^-~

2:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats from both of us!

Takeshi looks so young in that picture! I can't believe you guys are married, heh. (Of course it's not like *we* got married that young.... ><)

Take care!
~SH

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrads!

I have to admit, though, that it seems sort of funny in watching your groom stamp a piece of paper in a T-shirt and realize that it's a WEDDING DAY.

Oh well. Technically, it really is just a piece of paper...the meaning is all in what you impart in it. Congraduations again.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, anonymous is Julia...

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations kyra and takeshi! wish we could have been there for ya! - anh

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so great to catch up on your news!! We need to have a garbage information exchange between Tokyo and Palo Alto--as your family probably has told you, we are starting a one-recycle-bin-accepts-everything program next month. No more sorting! I didn't realize that you were going to get officially married, but you did! Congratulations!! And I think it's really funny about the names. I think you're stuck with WEaver because we need you to stay a US citizen and vote sensibly, i.e.Democrat. :-)

I'm at work--updating the web site again. Some things never change. :-)

Love, Carolyn

10:11 AM  
Blogger Peetie said...

Congratulations! I stop checking blogs for a couple weeks and this is what happens! Jk. In the meantime, I'll be saving up my archiving money for Hawaii... :)

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home