Thursday, June 16, 2005

Today is a good day to dry

No, this is not a klingon proverb, this is what I think whenever the sun is shining and the sky is blue. "Why?" might you ask. "Don't you have dryers over there?"
The short answer is no. Everyone hangs out their laundry to dry, and most of the housewives in my complex do laundry nearly every day so that their family's clothes will all fit. *sigh* I REALLY miss dryers. Takeshi made the case that its probably not very good for your clothes to all be put through an intense heat cycle every time you wash them, but still, I find myself at a loss. What the heck do you do during the RAINY SEASON? (which it is right now)... I should really ask someone.

Anyways, here are some more pictures!

See? I really am working on my comic! This is proof! ^_^ There should be a new one up now.This is the outside of my complex...
>
Ok, at first I thought this was an amusing misspelling of the word NEAT. But Takeshi explained that this is an acronym for "Not in education, employment, or training". Basically some punks who are very proud not to be conforming to Japanese society. Hm, but now that I think of it, I am not in any of those things either at the moment. Does this make me... NEET? ^_^ (I guess this is the equivalent of 1337...) And this is the outside of my dormitory. Note the many lines of clothes hanging from the balconies. Mine is one on the first floor! Ah, what a conformist. I guess I"m not NEET after all. ^^

Jya ne!

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Weaver said...

Klingon Japanese Housewife
(photo follows)

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'd go crazy without a dryer. How are you surviving? All these strange things...

Julia

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha!! I'd love to see a photo of a Klingon Japanese housewife. It seems to be a contradiction. ^-^

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home