Friday, April 29, 2005

Enter a villain

So. I don't know if you've been following my comic or not, but I've been trying to update it twice a week. Due to a combination of laziness and trying to prepare for my move, I sorta fell four comics behind (eep!) That's a lot. Anyways, I'm making it up this week with four new comics, which means one per day all this week. That's... also a lot. ^_^

I was trying to figure out why I'm so obsessed with writing this. It's a lot of work, and I don't even know if anyone reads it besides my mom. (Thanks mom! ^_~) I guess I just like to finish projects I start. So here's Kyra's Grand Plan: (not to be confused with 'Denny's Grand Slam', which is probably tastier!) I've written about 50 pages now. I'm aiming for ~ 100 pages (whenever the end of the major storyline is), and then through a nice independent publisher like lulu.com I'm going to make it available as a physical comic book.

Just imagine... cute little Gemini on my bookshelf...Wouldnt' that be cool?! Haha. So basically, keeping up an update schedule is a way of making sure I finish it all the way to the end of the story.

Kyra's Grand Plan #2: Hopefully the experience I get from making this comic will make me a better artist. I've already noticed I'm getting faster at drawing them and have been more comfortable with drawing backgrounds. Hehe, with my new skills, I will then take over the manga market in Japan!! ... ok.. maybe that's thinking a little big. But you gotta think big! Just ask Denny's. At least I'm not offering a 700 calorie breakfast a new low price. ^_~

Also, my friend Peet has started writing a comic with her sister Joyce. There's a link to it from her blog (link on the right of this page).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely blog but the font is too small. Great work

4:52 AM  
Blogger Kyra said...

hm.... yeah, it probably is a bit small. I just didn't like the HUGE default font, and overcompensated a bit. I'll change it a point or two ...^_^

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kyra, it's Julia...

Anyhow, I read your comic and would very much like to see it in paper where it would be much easier to read. Yay!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Thanks Julia!! Thanks, that's very encouraging, I'm so glad you're reading it ^_^! Yay!
I've been thinking about the story, and it seems about halfway done. It took six months to get this far, so it'll probably done and ready by november-december. Hee hee.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home