Friday, April 29, 2005

Enter a villain

So. I don't know if you've been following my comic or not, but I've been trying to update it twice a week. Due to a combination of laziness and trying to prepare for my move, I sorta fell four comics behind (eep!) That's a lot. Anyways, I'm making it up this week with four new comics, which means one per day all this week. That's... also a lot. ^_^

I was trying to figure out why I'm so obsessed with writing this. It's a lot of work, and I don't even know if anyone reads it besides my mom. (Thanks mom! ^_~) I guess I just like to finish projects I start. So here's Kyra's Grand Plan: (not to be confused with 'Denny's Grand Slam', which is probably tastier!) I've written about 50 pages now. I'm aiming for ~ 100 pages (whenever the end of the major storyline is), and then through a nice independent publisher like lulu.com I'm going to make it available as a physical comic book.

Just imagine... cute little Gemini on my bookshelf...Wouldnt' that be cool?! Haha. So basically, keeping up an update schedule is a way of making sure I finish it all the way to the end of the story.

Kyra's Grand Plan #2: Hopefully the experience I get from making this comic will make me a better artist. I've already noticed I'm getting faster at drawing them and have been more comfortable with drawing backgrounds. Hehe, with my new skills, I will then take over the manga market in Japan!! ... ok.. maybe that's thinking a little big. But you gotta think big! Just ask Denny's. At least I'm not offering a 700 calorie breakfast a new low price. ^_~

Also, my friend Peet has started writing a comic with her sister Joyce. There's a link to it from her blog (link on the right of this page).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely blog but the font is too small. Great work

4:52 AM  
Blogger Kyra said...

hm.... yeah, it probably is a bit small. I just didn't like the HUGE default font, and overcompensated a bit. I'll change it a point or two ...^_^

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kyra, it's Julia...

Anyhow, I read your comic and would very much like to see it in paper where it would be much easier to read. Yay!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Thanks Julia!! Thanks, that's very encouraging, I'm so glad you're reading it ^_^! Yay!
I've been thinking about the story, and it seems about halfway done. It took six months to get this far, so it'll probably done and ready by november-december. Hee hee.

2:22 AM  
Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

酒店經紀 酒店小姐 酒店經紀公司
台北酒店工作 台北酒店經紀人 酒店兼差 台北酒店 便服店 禮服店 酒店 酒店工作 酒店上班時間 酒店上班薪水 酒店上班內容 現領 當日領
打工兼職 打工兼差 酒店營業時間
酒店經濟 酒店面試
酒店兼職 酒店公關 酒店上班 台北酒店上班 酒店打工 酒店工作內容 酒店pt
酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服店 酒店 經紀 打工 兼差便服店 台北酒店經紀 酒店薪水 酒店工作內容 酒店時間 酒店經濟 美式餐廳 台北咖啡廳 永康街咖啡廳
2015/08/27

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home