Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Judo!

All of my blood, sweat and tears paid off! I got promoted to a brown belt in Judo today! Hee hee. Normally the above would just be a figure of speech, but I can think of many times when I've been sweaty, bloody, and teary-eyed because of this hobby. There's probably better ways of working out, but... I just can't get myself to run on a treadmill, hamster-like, for the hours on end that other girls do. Ah well, I always have been a bit of a tom-boy. ^_~ The only thing that takes the fun out of this promotion is knowing that they're going to laugh at my little wimpy american brown belt in japan... *run away!!*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Kyra! Brown belt? Wow.

I don't think they'll laugh... Maybe just giggle quietly to themselves while they think you're not listening. ^.^ Nah, I'm just kidding. I would think most dojos are pretty good about accepting students from other dojos. For the most part the training should have been the same for each level.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Heh. You know what sucks? When they gave me my brown belt, they took away my white belt! I was sorta thinking of wearing it in Japan so they take pity on me... guess that's not happening ^_^;

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home