Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The garbage sorting is out of control!!

Hey guys! Ok, I've been in my new apartment for a few days now, hung out with the lovely people here for Ayumi's wedding, and generally getting used to the country again. I forgot how small everything is. It's... (gasp) ... MY SIZE! ^^

Hehe. So I had a bit of cleaning to do to 'de-bachelorify' the apartment. Takeshi swore it was clean.. but I think a single guy has an interesting concept of clean, like not taking out the garbage for 3 weeks. Haha ok, he took it out right before I arrived, but there was certainly a ...'unique' smell when I got there ^^  

So we went to Akihabara, which is for those in the know, the land of geeks. I had a great time. We went to get a computer, and I saw a lot of brand new computers selling for thousands of dollars , and a lot of computer parts, selling for pretty cheap. It was awfully tempting to try to build one from scratch, but I thought installing a Japanese OS would be pretty tough for me. Maybe next time. Instead we settled on a refurbished used computer. It's unfortnately a Windows machine, which I'm against in principle ^^ but it's got XP installed which is the stablest version I know of. Anyways, internet will be connected next week, so more news then. As you may have expected, I'm the only forigner living in the apartment complex. This complex is basically a dormitory for Norin-chukin bank's employees and their families. Everyone is much older than us and has at least 2 kids. Man, I feel a little out of place there, but they are all very nice and friendly.

Ok, so let me explain about the garbge. There is a calendar to help you keep track of which days you can throw out which types. There are five main types... burnable, nonburnable, plastic, newspaper, bottles and cans. You can't put it out the night before and it has to be put out before 8 in the morning. Dear lord. Luckiy Takeshi wakes up at 6 so he puts it out ^^.

Sorry, I'll put up pictures soon, but I'm in an internet cafe with limited time. Soon I'l have my own computer and I'll have all the time in the world.

...I can't find a scanner. As soon as I do, I'll update my comic, never fear, dear readers!
Oh by the way, Miyazaki Hayao (Totoro maker) made a new movie called Howls Moving Castle. Its based on a book by an English author, and I bought it yesterday, I recoommend reading it before seeing the movie. It's so cute ^^.

Lots of love,
Kyra

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: "debachelorifying"
Ha! I so know the feeling....
~SH

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God, how odd...

You sound like...you're actually married. What a weird feeling. Oh well, enjoy the freakishly small Japan. If I ever get married and move to something where everything is "my size" it's going to be Scandanavia. ; ) Still want me to come over and visit whenever I actually have vacation?
--Julia

6:45 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

Of course!! Everyone should come visit. There are three bedrooms, and we only use one of them. You might feel its a bit small, but perhaps you can stretch your long legs and take up both of the spare bedrooms. ^^

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home