Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Officially Cute

I passingly mentioned it last blog, but I have no choice but to clarify how *rediculously* cute things are here. There are many places where one from another country would thing adorable mascots have no right to be... and yet they are. I took the liberty of going around town and photographing the glaring, saccharine sweetness all around. Enjoy!
Police mascot. I am shaking in my boots! Tokyo Water company... on the back of my bill. (you can't see it, but there's a boy water drop and a girl water drop!)
The Tokyo bus mascot, Minkle. Nothing says 'keep out' like a little cartoon bowing construction worker!
Not to be out-done by the police, the firefighters have a cute li'l guy on all their firetrucks. Even the city of Nerima has a mascot. I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to be, but it has a leaf for a hat!
This was on the train, for a blood drive. I think they're supposed to have.., blood droplets for ears. Creeepy.Custom-kun, the customs dog. This cute little guy sniffs out the drug mules, but don't worry, he's got no mouth so he can't bite!
Tee hee!

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Weaver said...

What a contrast from New York!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Ryuu said...

oh dang, that was a great idea for a post! now I'm mad I didn't think of it first ;P

I see the blood mascots everywhere... is it bad if they remind me of Pokemon? (plusle & minun) ^^;;;

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, it's nice to read about what's going on in Japan again. Good luck finding a job, etc.

Not sure if I'm jumping the gun, but Amber and I might go to Japan for my spring break next year. Where do you live now? Email me when you have time.

Spencer

3:37 PM  
Blogger kaika-chan said...

haha yeah, those blood donation mascots look *so* much like pokemon!! I think they were probably at least a little influenced. ;)
Come on over any time you like Spencer! You know we love guests :D
we're in Tokyo's Nerima-ku next to Sakuradai station on the Seibu-ikebukuro line (西部池袋線の桜台駅)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home