Saturday, May 13, 2006

Fun Blogs

I've become addicted to reading other people's blogs lately, so if you see any good ones that aren't on my list, leave a comment ^_^

If you're looking for fun things to read, I recommend my mom's blog, she's really funny. My favorite entry so far was:

Fortune Cookie Laws

(here's an excerpt):

I've always wondered how the fortune-cookie-makers come up with the things in fortune cookies.
I wonder if there's a list of "Don'ts" for fortune-writers. Like:

DON'T SELL MORE CHINESE FOOD
"You will live longer if you eat healthy Chinese food"
"Using chopsticks helps ease carpal-tunnel syndrome"

DON'T MANIPULATE THE STOCK MARKET
"Sell all your Microsoft and CocaCola shares today"

DON'T SCARE A PERSON TO DEATH
"If you see the color red in the next 20 seconds, you will die soon"

Another good one called The Company Bitch was recommended by Phil, which is pretty popular now so the comments are pretty amusing, too.
I like amusing Dave Barry-esque blogs, but tasty-gossipy details of random people's lives can be fun and addictive as well ^^

Ta!

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Weaver said...

Wow, Kyra,
Thanks for the promo!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yay! I love how thecompanybitch calls the guy "Re-Boyfriend."
I'm so jealous though... where does she find time to write all those funny entries?

Anyway, your mom is very funny! I got a fortune last week that says "You will be successful at everything." Haha. I think I will show it at job interviews, to substantiate my qualifications.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home