Thursday, July 06, 2006

One Week!

Until my wedding. Holy camoley. I think I've gotten everything planned and ready, but there's always a sinking feeling in the back of my mind that I'll forget something important.

I got a list from the wedding planner of stuff not to forget, but some of it is crazy that I haven't even thought about and have no idea where to get it. Like "ring pillow". Where the heck do you get a ring pillow?! *skakes head*. Oh well, at least the really big stuff is already there waiting for us.

Takeshi's mom is organizing a wedding party in Japan for us, to take place on a weekend in october, and apparently about a hundred people are coming. I can't help but feel very detatched from it, since I'm putting all of my effort into organizing this hawaii one. I don't even know anyone from the enormous guest list for the party in October: Takeshi's elementary school teachers are coming. The entire Shinkai clan are coming. Takeshi's dad's coworkers are coming. Somehow I find myself wondering if I was invited, and if it's possible to say 'I can't make it!' ... >_<;

Haha, guess that's probably not a good way to get myself welcomed into my new japanese family. At least there's an upside to it: I get to wear a lovely kimono that belongs to Mrs Shinkai. She only wore it once for her wedding. Tee hee.

But anyways, I believe it is high time for another gallery of pictures from my phone! This months' theme is....*drumroll please*: the color pink.
Somehow over the past year, I've started associating Japan with a bright, hot pink. And this color is not just for girls anymore.

A very manly, hot-pink, polka dotted power shovel. Only in Japan!
Revenge of the toe socks... tabi-socks! just the big toe is separated.
If you've ever been to the "Giant Robo" store in Los Angeles on Sawtelle, you've probably seen a Gloomy bear. They're little stuffed teddy bears.. that happen to be evil incarnate. They have enormous claws, and if you're lucky, you can even get one with blood coming from its mouth! Here's a 'crane game' machine (called UFO catchers here) for catching enormous evil teddy bears for use as pillows. *shudder*.
Julia's bookAnd last but not least, my friend Julia wrote a book on making costumes for conventions and such. Check it out!
These are just some random, low-quality pictures, but I've put a bunch of scenery pictures from the countryside (hiking and camping, etc) up on Flickr. Let me know if you have a flickr account so I can see your pictures ^^ hee hee.

Okay, that's it for a bit. Wish me luck in hawaii!! Woo hoo! ^_^

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, the scarves are done and in my suitcase. ; )

Julia

2:52 PM  
Blogger Catherine Weaver said...

I love all the photos on this site and your Flickr link! Thank you!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and hope it's a beautiful day for you!

<3 Sarah

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Update, July 16:
The wedding was splendid. Bunches of family and friends made it. The weather was sunny/drizzly on and off in typical Honolulu summer fashion. We had a great time.

Pictures to come.

Dad

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home