Thursday, October 05, 2006

not another wedding... >_<;;

Ugh, I have a cold.

This is not good because Sunday, ie 10/8/2006, is the date of the Japanese wedding reception. As if I haven't had enough wedding stuff to last me a lifetime... ^_^;; But this time I will be wearing a kimono.

It's black. Takeshi's mom is lending it to me. At first I wondered if this was how she would express her true feelings about me.. having me wear a very somber color for the wedding to her eldest son. But no, apparently this is a rather normal color for formal occasions. It's not 100% black, it will have some white flowers and other decorations at the bottom. She only wore it once for her own wedding, so she wants me to wear it, which is very sweet and sentimental. But Takeshi is wearing a suit!! I'm so sad, I really wanted him to wear a man's kimono, but it was just not in the cards. I'm afraid we will look terribly mismatched.^^;;

I'm still not sure what to expect. It's going to be really far away (in a place called Karuizawa) which is convenient for Takeshi's grandparents... and...
no, just for them, really. None of our friends want to come because it's far and it's during a three-day weekend! (Granted, it's closer than hawaii but with none of the tropical benefits).

Anyways, I'm supposed to sing a song to entertain the guests, but I'm not quite sure how it's going to work out when I'm wearing a very tight kimono and will have a cold. I have this sinking feeling that takeshi's relatives are going to talk about me as follows:

"Have you heard the news about Takeshi?"
"Yes, he got married, didn't he. Did you meet his wife?"
"Oh, she's the... gaijin that can't sing, right?"
"Yes, that's her. Pity, pity." *clucks and shakes head*

>_<;; If you don't hear from me for awhile, it's probably safe to assume I died of embarrasment.

Oops, almost forgot about the Game Show!

Basically in a nutshell, it was very crowded. Even more so than E3. Imagine a bunch of nerds from around the world gathering at critical mass... it would have been hell, if it weren't for the awesome shows and displays, especially by Namco, Sony, Square-Enix, Sony and Konami. The booths were over the top eyecandy. A lot of companies even put on dancing-girl shows every hour or so, to the delight of the afore-mentioned nerds.

And to lure people to the the booths, companies hired hordes of booth babes: girls dressed up like characters or wearing a company "uniform". (If my company uniform were a bikini top, miniskirt and six inch heels, I think I would have to ask for a raise!).

I didn't get to try too many things, but I wore a costume for the first time in a couple of years (if you don't count the wedding dress). Actually I just wore a school-girl one which was really easy to pull off, except I had to "borrow" some black socks and a tie from Takeshi, who was very incredulous about the whole thing.
Direct quote:
*Takeshi: "I STILL can't believe you used my SOCKs. You're gonna get ATHLETES foot or something."*
Note for the concerned: My feet remain athletes-foot free.

In other news, Laura Chao was featured in a magazine as a hot rocket-scientist! Check out the link! tee hee. I like the leia buns.

Also, Spencer and Amber are going to start a company! They'll be developing content for cell phones, and want a little help reading the market. Lend them a hand and fill out this questionaire!

Anyways, if I survive this weekend, I'll post some pictures from the japanese wedding reception soon, so check back soon.
Hope you're all doing well!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did fine! You have a beautiful voice and can probably sing through a cold okay, and your in-laws already love you!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooo? How did it go?

12:32 PM  
Blogger Kyra said...

oops, my bad. I'm not dead, it was fine, and one of takeshi's friends cried while I sang. I'm trying to take it as a compliment. ^_^

Sorry, I'll update sooner or later. I would do it today, but silly boss has given me WORK to do, darn him. Go figure.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home